Each year, countless South Carolinians and their families have their lives uprooted by hurricanes and flash flooding.
It’s absolutely vital to be prepared to take shelter from storms and flooding or to evacuate to safety each and every hurricane season. Without much warning, flash floods and hurricanes can take a turn for the worse and catch millions of people unaware and unprepared.
Below, please find links to local, state and federal resources to guide Lowcountry residents in their preparation for any and every disaster.
In case of an emergency, ALWAYS call 911.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call our offices.
- Latest Hurricane and Flooding Forecasts - NWS Charleston
- Latest Charleston Road Closures - City of Charleston
- Hurricane Preparedness Guide - Charleston County Emergency Management
- Avoiding Hurricane and Flood Damage - Charleston County Emergency Management
- How to build a disaster preparedness kit – Ready.gov
- Preparing for a flash flood - Department of Homeland Security
- Know Your Evacuation Zone – South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- 2021 South Carolina Hurricane Guide – South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- How to Prepare for a Hurricane – FEMA
- Report Power Outages
- Smartphone Apps for Emergencies
- Key Social Media to Follow